Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stores

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stores

    Don't it just get old at times.
    You go into a business even a doctors office now adays and someone is at the window. Your trying to get in and out and their on the cell phone talking to someone, or sending a text message. Got something else going on and you stand there ignored until when ever.
    And all the cell phones in stores.
    I think we have went a little overboard with this. Any more it seems like a version of star wars. You have to walk around people standing in isles just talking about stupid stuff, or again trying to text message. Or their having conversations openly that, well they shouldn't be.
    Every where you look, people act like they can't wait to get home or even to their vehicles, to carry on conversations. How urgent could it be? You got missed calls on your cell phone. It's not like you actually can't wait to get outside, to talk about stuff, that really isn't important. And don't send text messages while trying to drive.
    To me it just seems like it's become a bit of over kill. I like to have my phone to so if i need to make a call. But just to be on there, talking crazy stuff, or better to be arguing with someone, out in public, or making people wait in line because your on a private call at work.
    I look for some who are abusing this to make it a headache later for others who use them right.
    Businesses will ban the talking at work. And stores will probably ban them being used while in the store shopping. It's getting a little out of hand when you can't get through a store, because someone is having a conversation on their cell phone, in the middle of an isle, and everyone has to manuever around them just to shop.
    I can honestly see it coming to where they get banned from the work place, and stores ask that they not be used, while inside shopping.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stores

    I agree with parts of what you said. I hate going into an office and having to wait because someone is on their cell phone. As far as phones being shut out in a store, never gonna happen.

    Instead of people taking up space in an isle just sitting there talking just ask them if they can talk and walk at the same time to [censored] them off.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stores

    It should be a law that you can't talk on cell phones in checkout lines at convenience stores, restaurants, or any other public place, just like it is with not smoking. It's annoying, rude, and you just look like a [censored] moron.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stor

    [ QUOTE ]
    It should be a law that you can't talk on cell phones in checkout lines at convenience stores, restaurants, or any other public place, just like it is with not smoking. It's annoying, rude, and you just look like a [censored] moron.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I definitely agree Ironlung.

    [ QUOTE ]
    but I am seriously annoyed with drivers who drive with the [censored] thing attached to their ear, or trying to have a nice, peaceful dinner out with the lady, and ringers go off every 2 minutes. What a lazy, dependent nation we have become.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Very well said. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stor

    I use my cell phone when and where I want. That is the purpose of it. If people don't like it, they can [censored] off.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stor

    that may be true but there is also something said for respect for others. would you like it if you were in a movie and every 10 minutes a phone was going off? If you were trying to help someone out, they ask you a question then continue to ignore you while on their phone then get mad at you because you didn't help them is that right? Out to dinner with your family and every 19 minutes someone's phone goes off is a pisser. Just want to have a nice dinner with the family but phones going off.
    Not saying that the cell phone isn't useful, it is. We are just saying that all respect in it's use almost doesn't exist with some. Overkill of anything is bad. how many people didn't want the Pats to make it to the superbowl this year because we've all seen them there too many times, but how many of those same people wanted them to beat the Rams in that superbowl because we were tired of the rams. Same with the cell phone's. I work with people who have to "text" at least twice a day during work. I remember the day when we had no caller ID, no answering machine / answer service. if it was important they would call back.
    respect to others around is all we are saying
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stores

    This is something i have ran into.
    But this question was on the radio the other morning.
    A lot of folks evidently emailed the station and called in, saying that something would eventually be done.
    One lady who called in. Said she was dismissed from her job, because she was texting her boyfriend back.
    The manager just walked over and told her, this is a place of business, we can't have this. And fired her for failing to do her job, in a timely and professional manner.
    The woman is suing the company saying, it was her phone and it's the only phone she has. So the company violated her individual rights. Being her only phone, she had a right to use it as she seen fit, as long as it did not, violate the law.
    I don't think she has a case. But you never know. If it was her phone and there was evidently, no previous procedure on cell phone use, from the company. The way the system works out at times. She may end up a millionaire courtesy of her cell phone.
    Like i said it's gonna get interesting.
    Some new areas to venture into as we grow into the technology age.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stores

    Fortunately, I do not have to worry about cell phones at work. For obvious reasons, they are not allowed beyond front search (even the warden cannot take one past-would be a bad hair day if one ended up in a convict's hands [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]), but I am seriously annoyed with drivers who drive with the [censored] thing attached to their ear, or trying to have a nice, peaceful dinner out with the lady, and ringers go off every 2 minutes. What a lazy, dependent nation we have become.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stores

    I talk on my phone in lines, while im shopping or anywhere I feel the need. If they werent intended to be used when and where you wanted they wouldnt have taken the chord out of them.

    As far as using them while your working, Id say that most of the time the employers do not know they are being used.

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: You Opinion. Cell's in the Work Place and Stor

    If someone calls me and I'm in a restaurant, store, etc I'm going to answer it and talk to them. I won't talk loud or stop walking nor will I stand in someones way until I finish typing a text. I have to be doing something that I consider more important before I will ignore my phone, shopping and eating just aren't one of those things. Driving while on the phone is very dangerous, the only way I use my phone while driving is if someone calls me and my phone is in plain reach, I don't text while driving nor do a dial a number while driving, I will use the voice dialing sometimes though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •